Re: arch diagrams from the f2f

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:26:12 -0400
To: Mark Jones <jones@research.att.com>
Cc: Heather Kreger <kreger@us.ibm.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

I wanted to say that the concern I raised about the triangle diagram -
that it's logical, but may be interpreted as suggesting the existence
of particular technologies - appears to be the case in Mark's slides
(though at the f2f we appeared to have started down this path).

I consider it a fundamental advance of the Web over previous distributed
systems, that "publish" and "find" are integrated into "interact", all
by virtue of the joined-at-the-hip relationship between a URI and the
HTTP GET method.

I suggest that we refrain from attempting to map specific technologies
to this diagram for this reason.  If we're going to do any mapping,
we should have a separate physical diagram with which to do that.

Thanks.