Re: Reading list for September Face to Face meeting

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:27:05 -0400
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>, "'Champion, Mike'" <Mike.Champion@softwareag-usa.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 07:59:37AM -0700, David Orchard wrote:
> <snip/>
> > but I don't believe it's in the best interest of this
> > WG, the W3C
> > at large, or the Web itself, that we don't treat REST as
> > authoritative.
> >

> Who said anything about that?  I called out Roy's thesis and the w3c TAG doc
> as authoritative material on REST.

You did!  When you said;

] My principle is that the
] TAG work is pretty darned definitive on whatever it's chosen to document,
] and anything not ( perhaps yet ) endorsed by the TAG is not part of the web
] architecture.

If you meant to exclude Roy's dissertation from that, then that's fine,
but I hope you don't blame me for not inferring that.