RE: Stop the ... -> Usage Cases

I don't think scuttling the travel case is a good idea.  I'm not trying to
subtract content but to add, or at least to ask for addition.  The travel
use case obviously illustrates sequences of messages.

What I am pointing out is the lack of a use case where the business value of
transmitting the choreography from one player to another is made clear.  I'm
beginning to think that there might be some business value hidden in the
travel case, but I have not seen it described clearly.  If it were, I think
it would help focus what is important in the spec.  For example, are there
cost savings to the travel agent involved with communicating an expected
sequence of messages with, say, a hotel in a standardized way?  Not the
whole logic ot the thing, just the part that involves the hotel.  If there
is I don't quite see it, but I think there might be.

It seems to me, however, that there are probably other use cases that show
this kind of thing better, perhaps involving companies that sell the same
thing to a lot of other companies.  The travel use case suffers here, I
think, because it sells the same thing to a lot of people, and the thrust of
web services is machine<->machine, not machine<->person.  Unfortunately I am
not in the kind of business setting that gives me personal knowledge of this
sort of interaction.

I think to some extent we are talking at cross purposes here.  If the
generic example you mention is the one I think it is, it certainly
illustrates the primary message patterns but is utterly silent about the
business value of standardization.