Re: Stop the ... -> Usage Cases

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:21:09 -0500
To: "Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)" <RogerCutler@ChevronTexaco.com>
Cc: "'David Orchard'" <dorchard@bea.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 04:19:40PM -0600, Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) wrote:
> I think to some extent we are talking at cross purposes here.  If the
> generic example you mention is the one I think it is, it certainly
> illustrates the primary message patterns but is utterly silent about the
> business value of standardization.

+1

I'm really eager to know what kind of scenario requires a
standardized choreography language.  My position remains that there is
no scenario that requires it, if a Web service was able to return
references to other Web services.  But I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Mark Baker, CTO, Idokorro Mobile.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.
http://www.markbaker.ca             http://www.idokorro.com