RE: Spec draft

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 19:39:53 -0700
To: "'Newcomer, Eric'" <Eric.Newcomer@iona.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org
Eric,

The document looks good to me so far. I have just a couple of comments.

- second block of text just below Figure 2,
"The request/response pattern is also often called the remote procedure call
(RPC) oriented interaction style"

It might often be called that way, but I don't think it's a good idea to
reinforce that belief here. The interaction style, RPC or document, should
be completely orthogonal to the request/response pattern, so that, for
instance, I can have a request/response pattern that uses the document style
instead of RPC.

- just before "Extended Web Services Architecture",
"The interaction can be single message one way, broadcast from requester to
many services, a multi message conversation, or a business process."

Is this an exhaustive list? Probably not. In that case it's better to
rephrase it with something like "Examples of interactions are ...".

Ugo