Re: WSD Requirements: add a requirement about safe and idempotent characteristics

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 02:20:01PM -0800, Doug Bunting wrote:
> No, we're going to recognize that all POST operations are not
> necessarily not idempotent.

While it may be true that some service behaves idempotently for some
POST message or messages, the key point is that neither message sender
nor intermediaries can, a priori, know which messages those are.  That's
why PUT exists (and is necessary), and why I believe it's an error to
label a POST based service as idempotent.

Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.   http://www.markbaker.ca

   Will distribute objects for food