Re: WSD Requirements: add a requirement about safe and idempotent characteristics

No, we're going to recognize that all POST operations are not
necessarily not idempotent.  GET is in reality used for requests that
are both idempotent and able to be sent without additional information
besides HTTP headers.  POST is in reality used for requests that are not
idempotent or require additional information or were set up against a
random site developer's (possibly misguided) whim.

That said, I'd agree knowing the HTTP method is enough to know whether
the response is cacheable using existing proxies.  I'm not entirely
certain how an idempotent attribute independent of the method helps the
requester.  What would that software due with this proposed attribute?

thanx,
    doug