Re: Web services and CORBA

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:07:47 -0400
To: Eric Newcomer <eric.newcomer@iona.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 07:22:12AM -0400, Eric Newcomer wrote:
> >What would be wrong with building reliability, transactions,
> >conversations, etc.. in the context of hypertext?
>
> Mark can we have some more specific examples here?  I can't answer this on a
> theoretical basis.  I can see how you can include in XML sufficient
> information to map a transaction context, for example, onto an underlying
> transaction manager.  I do not know of a comparable precedent in hypertext.

On the RESTwiki, we've got the start of some hypertext purchasing
examples;

http://conveyor.com/RESTwiki/moin.cgi/RestifiedPurchasing

I hope it's clear in there where the notion of a "transaction" would
fit, or where "reliability" would be required, etc..  But it's a bit
rough - Bob Haugen just put it together yesterday.