RE: D-AG006 Security : Proposal for a task force for writing the Security WG Charter

Zahid,

My proposal is that the Requirements document and Usage Scenario documents
do not need to be completed before chartering commence.  For example, there
is no reason why we need to complete the "service discovery" usage scenarios
before starting security wg.

I'm really proposing a depth first approach, which is taking a first cut at
some specific sections, including security, in the usage scenarios and
requirements documents.   In my mind, the key thing is to figure out the
high priority areas to look at.  Once we kick the groups off, then we
continue in the refinement of usage scenarios, requirements, and
architecture.  If (when) issues come up with chartered groups, then we can
do course corrections.   In fact, the issue was talked about yesterday at
the AC meeting - of course at my prompting ;-).  You can check the minutes
of the AC meeting, but suffice to say that the Director was supportive of
this proposed approach, though he had reservations about giving blank
cheques.

Cheers,
Dave