From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 10:23 PM
To: chris.ferris@sun.com
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Re: Back to Requirements (was RE: Web Service Definition [Was "Some
T houghts ..."])

Chris, I just noticed something else;

> "A web service is a software application or component identified by a
> URI, whose interfaces and binding are capable of being described by
> standard XML vocabularies and that supports direct interactions with
> other software applications or components through the exchange of
> information that is expressed in terms of an XML Infoset via
> internet-based protocols".

Other than the concerns I've already raised about "binding", "direct
interaction", and the necessity for a distinction between component and
application, I just noticed that "interfaces" is plural.  Is there any
particular reason for that?  I believe it's critical that a Web service have
a single interface.  Perhaps it's just a terminology issue, but I'd
appreciate clarification.

Thanks.