Re: Back to Requirements (was RE: Web Service Definition [Was "Some T houghts ..."])

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 23:22:59 -0500 (EST)
To: chris.ferris@sun.com (Christopher Ferris)
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Chris, I just noticed something else;

> "A web service is a software application or component identified by
> a URI, whose interfaces and binding are capable of being described
> by standard XML vocabularies and that supports direct interactions
> with other software applications or components through the exchange of
> information that is expressed in terms of an XML Infoset via
> internet-based protocols".

Other than the concerns I've already raised about "binding", "direct
interaction", and the necessity for a distinction between component and
application, I just noticed that "interfaces" is plural.  Is there any
particular reason for that?  I believe it's critical that a Web service
have a single interface.  Perhaps it's just a terminology issue, but I'd
appreciate clarification.

Thanks.