Re: Web Services Definition and XML

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:53:05 -0500 (EST)
To: distobj@acm.org (Mark Baker)
Cc: hugo@w3.org (Hugo Haas), www-ws-arch@w3.org
Earlier I wrote;

> That says to me that it is not a requirement of technologies in the XML
> family that they necessarily produce or consume XML.

Whoa, just realized I slightly misspoke here.  What I meant to say is;

"... it is not a requirement of technologies in the XML family that
they necessarily *be used to* produce or consume XML."

Obviously XSLT *can* produce XML.  That it can also be used to produce
plain text demonstrates my point that using technologies in the XML
family doesn't necessarily mean using XML.