Re: Web Services Definition and XML

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:03:27 -0500 (EST)
To: david.orchard@bea.com (David Orchard)
Cc: hugo@w3.org ('Hugo Haas'), www-ws-arch@w3.org
Hey,

> You've got it Mark.  At least side of the communication must be XML.  Very

MUST or SHOULD?

> common examples I can think of that have only one side:
[snip]
> - One way SOAP HTTP Messages returning only an HTTP status code.

Hmm, this seems arbitrary to me.  Are you suggesting that a one way
SOAP/HTTP message returning no body is a Web service, but one that
returns a PDF document isn't a Web service?  Or are you suggesting
something different about the reference architecture?

Just trying to drill down ...