Re: Late binding

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 09:30:07AM -0700, Francis McCabe wrote:
> I have a couple of use cases that cannot be done using today's approach
> to web services:

FWIW, I was referring to Web architecture, not Web services
architecture.

> 1. The regular business cycle (order, delivery, invoice, statement,
> remittance advice)
> 2. A tailored business logic where the provider can make offers to the
> client.

Both of these are very straightforward with the Web.  You just have to
model everything as a resource;

- the product, perhaps as a different resource for each stage of its
existence
- the order, part of a contract initiated when the seller published a
document representing its intent to sell (like an HTML form, ala[1]),
and the buyer accepted that offer
- the invoice(s), related to the order with a typed hyperlink
etc..

 [1] http://www.markbaker.ca/2002/05/GettingStuffDoneOnTheWeb/