Re: Late binding

From: Jeff Mischkinsky <jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 08:45:22 -0700
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, "Newcomer, Eric" <Eric.Newcomer@iona.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

At 06:09 PM 6/30/02, Mark Baker wrote:

>What theory?  I'm talking about the architectural principles behind the
>most widely deployed application on the Internet, the Web.  There's
>nothing theoretical about running code.

So if we took the "web" moniker out of Web Services and called them
Internet Services would that remove the confusion. :-)

>My idea of theoretical is "OMA on the Internet".  People have tried to
>deploy CORBA on the Internet for years, but it never took off.

A: I think you need to check out just how many applications, processing how
many millions of $$'s of transactions are currently deployed.
B: The fact that people are building a brand new spanking infrastructure to
do distributed computing, does not mean that the last several incarnations
did not work.

jeff

--
Jeff Mischkinsky                    jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Consulting Member Technical Staff   +1(650)506-1975 (voice)