Re: Web Service Definition [Was "Some Thoughts ..."]

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:06:11 -0500 (EST)
To: jhui@digisle.net (Joseph Hui)
Cc: Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com (Champion Mike), RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com ("Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)"), steve.vinoski@iona.com, www-ws-arch@w3.org
> Requirements may make no definition.  Properties can.

Ok, I'll buy that.  But in that case, I'd say that the definition
that Steve and I came up with also uses properties.  I'd also say
that these form a necessary and sufficient definition, while your
properties, IMHO, creep into things that aren't necessary for a
definition, though they may certainly be considered requirements on
an architecture for supporting them.

Is that clearer?

> Anyway, I did state my reasoning behind the def-by-properties
> tack and would rather leave it to the group's consensus than
> protract a WS-Def debate that is widely known for being,
> well, protracting.

Sounds good.