Introduction

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:01:49 -0500 (EST)
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Hi all,

I'm Mark Baker, Planetfred's AC rep.

I've been studying and using distributed systems for the past 10 years
or so, including DCE, CORBA, RMI, a proprietary tuple space system, and
a bunch of roll-my-own solutions over TCP and UDP.  About 4 years ago I
set about learning what this "Web" thing was about, and was surprised to
find how much better it was than anything I'd used before.  I've been a
proponent of its architectural principles ever since.

I look forward to working with you all.