From: Eric Newcomer <eric.newcomer@iona.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 06:48:53 -0800
To: <chris.ferris@sun.com>, <hugo@w3.org>
Cc: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>, "Oisin Hurley" <oisin.hurley@iona.com>

My name is Eric Newcomer.  I am IONA's alternate to this group, and I look
forward to contributing to the discussion and editorial work around defining
a reference model architecture for Web services.

I manage development for IONA's Web service integration product line.  I've
participated in several standards efforts through my time at IONA and
Digital/Compaq, including X/Open, OMG, Telecom Management Forum/SPIRIT, and
IETF.  At W3C I am IONA's former AC rep, and alternate to the XML Protocols

My background is primarily in distributed computing and transaction
processing, but I have been working with XML in the context of distributed
systems for about two years, and started my Web services involvement with
SOAP 0.9 in early 2000.  I am also IONA's UDDI rep, a member of the Oasis
BTP team, and previously was IONA's prime rep on JAXR.  Before IONA acquired
Netfish, I also had responsibility for tracking ebXML for the company.

I have not been very active recently, but am adjusting my schedule so I can
devote more time to the W3C.

I agree to participate per the charter
http://www.w3.org/2002/01/ws-arch-charter last revised 2002/01/26.

IONA does not have any IPR claims at the moment but reserves the right to
notify W3C of any such claims should they arise in the future.