RE: Reliable messaging

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@ChevronTexaco.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:29:00 -0700
To: "'Christopher B Ferris'" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>
cc: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org, www-ws-arch-request@w3.org
I know of mechanisms that, if successful, will assure the sender that the
message HAS been received.  I do not know of any mechanism that will allow
the sender to know that the message has NOT been received.  The ebXML spec
most certainly does not.  So I believe that the word "whether" below is
inappropriate.