RE: Reliable messaging

From: Burdett, David <david.burdett@commerceone.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:48:50 -0700
To: "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>, "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>
Cc: "'Christopher B Ferris'" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

Mark, you said ...

>>>How can you be sure that a message was received?  Because there's always
a chance that the response to a message doesn't make it, and leaves the two
parties out of synch (i.e. two army problem)<<<

Yes, but IF you do receive the response to a message, then you KNOW that the
message was received. The uncertainty arises if you do not receive a
response to a message as you say.

David