Do RESTifarians want anything from the WSA that they don't alread y have?

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:14:22 -0600
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

[removing my Chair hat ...]

So, we're done?  :~)

Seriously, is there anything that a REST practicioner needs from the WSA
that isn't already in HTTP+XML+SOAP1.2?  A declarative description language?
A common security framework?  A way of grouping transactions that span a
single HTTP invocation?

If the answer is "no", doesn't that mean you leave it up to the application
rather than the infrastructure to provide all that, and its just a "simple
matter of code"?

In my experience, "It's a simple matter of code" are famous last words in
many a career :~)