Re: Web Services Architecture Requirements 23 April 2002

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:49:56 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
I just noticed that something is missing from the document and should
be added:

* Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org> [2002-04-23 18:10-0400]
> > D-AG0011 CF1-*
> >
> >   As I said during the F2F, I think those should be dropped as
> >   explained in:
> >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Mar/0475.html
>
> I guess that this will also require some discussion, so I'll hold it
> for now.

On the other hand, the list of requirements generated at the
face-to-face is not there:

  [[

    1. Identifiable by URI.
    2. Leverage existing and emerging Web standards.
    3. Complies with Web architecture principles and design of existing
    and emerging Web.
    4. User can use browser to interact.
    5. Program developer can use well-defined description of interface for
    Web service.
    6. Decentralized discovery (UDDI, WSIL, etc).
    7. XML description.
    8. Uses XML.
    9. RDF models for technologies produced.

  ]] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/arch/2/04/f2f-minutes#Here

I think that we should integrate them to the document right away
before we lose them.

Note that I would not mention any specific technology in requirement
6, i.e. leave "(UDDI, WSIL, etc)" off.

Regards,

Hugo

--