RE: Dave's modified tests

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:47:59 +0200
To: jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: "Jim Hendler" <hendler@cs.umd.edu>, "Ian Horrocks" <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>, www-webont-wg@w3.org

Jeremy:
> [...]
> Since Dave has decided that he
> does not want to provide such inferences with his reasoner's native
> capability (which has a very general "what do you know?" interface) he
adds
> these class expressions to the premises - which is sound because the
class
> expressions are inferrable from the premises.

I did some similar thing (take particular conclusion triples
(which also have a bnode subject) and add them as premises)
as part of our code (so it's automatic but builtin) and then
those testcases passed.

(Hmm the human verification of that soundness is not completely trivial -
the components used in the class expression must be inferrable).

Hmm, that's right, but we trust the comprehension principles in S&AS ;-)