Dave's modified tests

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:37:44 +0300
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

(Sorry I forgot to talk about this at the telecon)

Dave Reynolds suggested modifications to about 10 tests to remove dependence
on comprehension axioms.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0037

Modified FunctionalProperty/Manifest005

  Premises005-mod:
   Individual(foo:object, type(owl:Thing))
   ObjectProperty(foo:prop, Functional)
   Class(foo:compClass1 complete
               restriction(foo:prop, maxCardinality(1)))

  Conclusions005-mod:
   Individual(foo:object, type(owl:Thing) type(owl:compClass1))

Is there sufficient consensus for
[[
2. Augment the test cases by duplicates in this style.
]]?

I understand that Dave already has the modified tests so this is low cost.
I believe it will help clarify the separate parts of the RDFS-compatible
semantics.

On the list,
Jim was in favour, "a good idea"
Ian opposed "misguided"
Peter ?? (abstain?)
"I don't see any benefit"/"might be a good idea"

I am in favour, because of additional clarity in comprehension rules.

We have invited implementor contributions to test - we have had many good
contributions from network inference - I think we should tend to accept
rather than reject implementor suggestions at this stage.