Re: OWL Test Results page, built from RDF

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 19:36:35 +0200
To: "Sandro Hawke <sandro" <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>, sandro@roke.hawke.org, www-webont-wg@w3.org, jjc@hpl.hp.com

just on that specific point from Sandro:
> I have no expectation of making any progress on the Negative Entailment
> Tests or Consistent tests, however.

I also refused for months to run negative entailment tests
and consistency tests as they are not really fitting with
constructive stuff (no no proof is not a proof).
For now I run them and find them quite useful. For instance
finding a proof for a negative entailment test (which we
happen to have) is unsound; same for finding that a
consistent formula is inconsistent.
Otoh, because our axiomatization is incomplete the results
of those tests are actually incomplete, but another
incomplete than timeout...