Re: Agenda for telecon -- May 29 2003

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 00:23:56 +0200
To: "Jim Hendler <hendler" <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Cc: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

regrets for this telecon (public holiday and family time)

> ACTION: Jos de Roo to propose a test based on the example given by peter

Peter's proposed test (slightly modifed so that I could test it)

ex:a rdf:type rdfs:Class .
ex:ia rdf:type ex:a .
ex:i owl:intersectionOf _:l1 .
_:l1 rdf:type rdf:List .
_:l1 rdf:first ex:a .
_:l1 rdf:rest rdf:nil .

currently does not OWL DL entail

ex:ia rdf:type ex:i .

but it would if owl:Class was replaced with rdfs:Class in the semantics.

The entailment is perfectly OK in OWL Full
so the trouble is that we have no test case
to show what would break if we drop owl:Class