Re: Agenda for telecon -- May 29 2003

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 00:23:56 +0200
To: "Jim Hendler <hendler" <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Cc: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

regrets for this telecon (public holiday and family time)

[...]

> ACTION: Jos de Roo to propose a test based on the example given by peter

Peter's proposed test (slightly modifed so that I could test it)

[[
ex:a rdf:type rdfs:Class .
ex:ia rdf:type ex:a .
ex:i owl:intersectionOf _:l1 .
_:l1 rdf:type rdf:List .
_:l1 rdf:first ex:a .
_:l1 rdf:rest rdf:nil .

currently does not OWL DL entail

ex:ia rdf:type ex:i .

but it would if owl:Class was replaced with rdfs:Class in the semantics.
]]

The entailment is perfectly OK in OWL Full
so the trouble is that we have no test case
to show what would break if we drop owl:Class