owl:sameAs confusion (Ref and Guide)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:31:54 +0100
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
CC: ijd@hplb.hpl.hp.com

The HP team report that we have had difficulty working on owl:sameAs
because different team members are working from different documents.

S&AS excludes owl:sameAs from OWL DL and OWL Lite.
Guide recommends not using owl:sameAs (ever), but states that it is
synonomous with owl:sameIndividualAs, and suggests that using owl:sameAs
between classes is in full.
Ref is more positive about owl:sameAs.

It would be helpful if the story were clearer, in particular Ref and Guide
should say that all uses of owl:sameAs are in Full (personally, I would not
mind simply dropping owl:sameAs).