W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > March 2003

Re: WOWG: agenda March 13 telecon

From: Masahiro Hori <HORIM@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:10:45 +0900
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Cc: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OFF28BF352.BF8315A8-ON49256CE8.000AAF9B-49256CE8.000CDC4B@LocalDomain>


Guus,

A document for XML Presentation Syntax now available and reday for
review [1].  This document is for W3C's Note [2] (not for LC/CR).
However, the XML syntax came from one of the OWL requirement [3],
it would make sense if it comes out at the same time as with the other
OWL documents.

Could you put this on the agenda for "3. DOCUMENT STATUS" ?


-Masahiro

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0047.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0159.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/webont-req/#req-xml-syntax

Masahiro Hori, Ph.D.
Group Leader, Programming Models & Tools,
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-46-215-4667 / Fax: +81-46-274-4282
Email: horim@jp.ibm.com



                                                                                                                   
                      Guus Schreiber                                                                               
                      <schreiber@swi.ps        To:       WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>                          
                      y.uva.nl>                cc:                                                                 
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  WOWG: agenda March 13 telecon                             
                      www-webont-wg-req                                                                            
                      uest@w3.org                                                                                  
                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                   
                      2003/03/13 01:12                                                                             
                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                   





WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
March 13, 2003

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London
0200 Tokyo (next day)


Duration: 60-90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION
To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: Herman ter Horst


1) ADMIN (10-15 min)


1.1 Role Call

Regrets: Hendler, Obrst, Wallace
See list archive for last-minute regrets


1.2 Approval of Minutes of last telecon

PROPOSED to accept the following as a true record of Feb 27:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Feb/0402.html


1.3 Agenda Amendments


1.4 Telecon Schedule

Next telecon: March 20
Scribe:   TBD


2 ISSUE & ISSUETTES (30-35 min)


2.1 ISSUE 5.26 OWL DL Syntax

Context:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.26-OWLDLSyntax

PROPOSAL to RESOLVE [consensus from editors meetings]:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0066.html

See also message from Peter about new S&AS editor's draft:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0064.html


ACTIONS from editors meeting:

ACTION Peter, Jeremy:
Check the "no acylicity constraint" in owl:disjointWith

ACTION Peter, Jeremy:
review rdf:first and rdf:rest in annotations

ACTION Peter:
remove restrictions with n=0
DONE

ACTION: Guus:
remove subProperty relationship between owl:priorVersion and
owl:backwardsCompatibleWith and owl:incompatibleWith
DONE

ACTION: Guus:
correct ontology domain and range constraints for owl:imports in owl.owl.
DONE

ACTION: Jeremy:
generate domain and range constraints test cases for owl:imports

ACTION Peter:
check modifying rdf exclusion to a list of excluded items.

ACTION Peter and Jeremy:
discuss unnamed individuals.
DONE
Discussed netween Peter and Jeremy: proposed to disallow them in sameAs and
differentFrom statements.

ACTION: Peter"
allow optional objectProperty typing for special categories of object
properties.

ACTION: Peter, Jeremy:
Peter to add triple table of Jeremy's after Jeremy updates.

ACTION: Peter/Ian.
Check whther naming enumerated datatypes generates problems
ACTION: Guus.
Add words to reference if change.


2.2 XMLLieteral in OWL DL

Issuette by Carroll:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0488.html

Request to RDF Core:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Feb/0076.html

Discussiopn notes at editors meeting (see Item 3):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0038.html

Reasons againts from Volz:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0035.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0039.html


2.3 owl.owl

Message from Guus:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0068.html

Replies from Hendler, Carroll:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0071.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0069.html
Message from public comments list:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Mar/0006.html


Discussion topics:
- is owl.owl normative?
- explicit import expected?
- different versions for OWL Full/DL/Lite?
- use OWL to define OWL?


3. DOCUMENT STATUS (30-35 min.)

For all docs discuss:
- status & outstanding actions
- editing/review effort required for LC

ACTION all editors: include member list in ack section
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Feb/0223.html


3.1 Use Cases and Requiremnents
http://www.cse.lehigh.edu/~heflin/webont/reqdoc/


3.2 Overview
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/OWLFeatureSynopsis.htm

ACTION: Deb to add a paragraph on RDFS vs. OWL Lite to Overview doc.


3.3 Guide
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/guide-src/Guide.html

ACTION: pfps to send Mike S. answer re: anootation questions


3.4 Reference

ACTION: Jeremy/HP review Reference

ACTION: Evan and Mike Dean to take MIME type and produce MIME type
doc

ACTION: Jeremy to update discussion of relation between RDFS and OWL
Lite,  give quick comments.
ACTION: Guus to review, add to the Reference document as Appendix.
ACTION: Jim, Pat to review


3.5 S&AS
http://www-db.research.bell-labs.com/user/pfps/owl/


3.6 Test Cases

ACTION: Ian will look at section 4.2.2 of Test editor's draft and
propose some wording for what is expected of datatypes
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0045.html

3.7 Planning for LC

- strawpoll on LC decision
- timeline ofr LC Candidates


4. AOB (0-5 min.)
--
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam,
http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html
Received on Wednesday, 12 March 2003 21:25:27 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:58 GMT