sameIndividualAs

From: Charles White <Charles.White@networkinference.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:04:32 +0100
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

All,

After seeing Jeremy's comment about sameIndividualAs in the wine.owl file, I did a little looking around.
I think in general, since sameAs is the preferred name, it should be used and sameIndividualAs if used at all should only be mentioned as a synonym.

Overview - sameIndividualAs is still referenced and sameAs is not. Also in the summary, the reference to S&AS is AS&S.

Reference - sameIndividualAs is referenced as a "synonym for historical reasons" - is that correct? There are also uses of sameIndividualAs that should be replaced with sameAs.

Guide - TOC - sameIndividualAs and sameAs are listed together. Seems like sameAs should be first. sameIndividualAs is used in a number of other places where it should be replaced with sameAs. In the table at the bottom of the page, there should be a link for sameAs to reference, which should be the same as the one for sameIndividualAs.

S&AS - Vocabulary Table - row for sameAs is incomplete.

chas

Charles White
Network Inference, Ltd.
+1 408 395-0002