Humo(u)r -- OWL Acronyms

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:04:26 -0400
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

As we move to CR, we can expect a great number of implementations to
start. In order to help I have prepared a list of some useful
acronyms for people to use:

BOWL - Comes with an ontology for Bocce and petanque
COWL - Covers the OWL language completely
DOWL - This version of OWL has our recommendation pegged
FOWL - Full OWL implemented poorly
HOWL - For users who previously tried FOWL
JOWL - no actual implementation, but lots of people jawing about its features
POWL - special implementation for the US secretary of state
TOWL - Don't Panic if you know where you TOWL is
VOWL - only implements five and a half features
GROWL - For users who previously tried VOWL
PROWL - Professional OWL, used for web crawlers
SCOWL - semi-complete OWL, can't trust its results
SPROWL - graphics heavy edition, co-implemented with Van Dam

I look forward to hearing your favorites...
  -JH

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***