W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > January 2003

MINUES: Teleconference 30 Jan 2003

From: Smith, Michael K <michael.smith@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:31:56 -0600
Message-ID: <B8E84F4D9F65D411803500508BE32214136F7CE4@USPLM207>
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Web Ontology WG Teleconference Minutes 30 Jan 2003.

Chair : Jim Hendler
Scribe: Michael K. Smith

========================================================
SUMMARY

------------------------------------------------------------------------
DECISIONS

RESOLVED: Based on feedback from reviews we will rename tags 'sameClassAs'
and 'samePropertyAs' to 'equivalentClass' and 'equivalentProperty',
respectively.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW ACTIONS

ACTION: Release current version of Guide, Semantics, Test, & Requirements

ACTION: Document editors add note that WG is in process of sameXAs to
equivalentX change.

ACTION: Peter Patel-Schneider to study annotations bug and come up
with proposal.

ACTION: Jim Hendler to request editors to clarify their documents re
owl:intersectionOf.

ACTION: Add agenda item for next time: Are we meeting at March Plenary.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONTINUED ACTIONS

CONTINUED: Guus/Jim to pursue the still missing presentations from f2f5 
to link in later

CONTINUED: Guus - to get roadmap done -- action transferred to Frank van
Harmelen. Inclusion in other document at editors' discretion. 

CONTINUED: Connolly re: security

CONTINUED: Welty: review Overview by Jan30 (by end of day 1/30)

CONTINUED: Jeremy & Jim review Reference 

=====================================================

DETAIL:

AGENDA:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0528.html


1) ADMIN

Next Telecon: February 6 2003
     Scribe : Rafael Volz

1.1 Role Call

In attendance: John_Stanton, Jeremy Carroll, Dan Connolly, Jos De Roo,
Jérôme Euzenat, Nicholas Gibbins, Jeff Heflin, Ziv Hellman, James
Hendler, Ian Horrocks, Ruediger Klein, Massimo Marchiori, Peter
Patel-Schneider, Marwan Sabbouh, Guus Schreiber, Michael Smith,
Raphael Volz, Christopher Welty

Regrets: Leo Obrst, Jonathan Dale, Masahiro Hori, Deborah McGuinness,
Herman ter Horst, Frank van Harmelen.


1.2 Approval of Minutes of Jan 23 call

PROPOSED to accept the following as a true record of the Jan 23 telecon
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0444.html

APPROVED. 


1.3 Agenda Amendments


1.4 telecon schedule

Next telecon - Feb 6
Next Scribe - Rafael Volz


2.0 Action review/document updates (10 min)

2.1 Action Review:

ACTION: Guus/Jim to pursue the still missing presentations from f2f5 
to link in later
CONTINUED

ACTION: Jeremy to propose a change to remove complete class 
definitions from Owl Lite.
DONE

ACTION: Jeremy to create test based on January 0376 email example of 
"ugly" way to enumerate datatype in a oneOf
DONE

ACTION: Guus to put words in reference w/respect to January 0376 
email example of "ugly" way to enumerate datatype in a oneOf
DONE

ACTION: Guus - to get roadmap done -- action transferred to Frank van
Harmelen. Inclusion in other document at ed discretion. - see log
in agenda.
CONTINUED

ACTION: Connolly re: security
CONTINUED

ACTION: Welty, Horan: review Overview by Jan30 
Horan done.  
CONTINUED Welty (by end of day)

ACTION: Horrocks to review AS & S Appendices
DONE

ACTION: Pan to do another review of AS&S document
DONE

ACTION: Jerremy & Jim review Reference 
CONTINUED

ACTION: Volz review Reference
DONE

ACTION: Connoly review TEST 
DONE


2.2 Document review

Chance for authors of Reqs, Guide, Overview, Ref to update us on any 
status change (none necessarily expected)

No updates.

ACTION: Release current version of Guide, Semantics, Test, & Requirements


3.0 Technical Agenda (60 min)

3.1 Name change on "owl:sameClassAs"  (Guus Schreiber)

# Several people have suggested changing the name of sameClassAs to 
# sameMembersAs or some other term more clearly suggesting the 
# extensional nature of this construct.

Discussion by Guus, et.al.

MOVED: Reopen decision re name of sameClassAs and samePropertyAs based
on feedback from reviews.  Change to equivalentClass and
equivalentProperty.

RESOLVED.

ACTION: Doc. editors add note that WG in process of making this change

3.2 Annotations

# The treatment of RDFS annotations in OWL Lite/DL SHOULD be resolved 
# by the working group.  There have been several strands of email on 
# this.
# 
# Process note: annotations are motivated by our Requirements document 
# - no WG decision on their status has been recorded that the Chairs 
# can find.  Therefore, this is not a reopening of any issue - it is a 
# clarification necessary to meeting our own self-imposed requirements:
# 
# The current proposal, by Jeremy,
#   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0323.html
# is to include all of
# rdfs:label
# rdfs:comment
# rdfs:seeAlso
# rdfs:isDefinedBy 

Much discussion.

Peter Patel-Schneider suggested that the right thing is to make
annotations monotonic, with these 4 things included as special
cases. (rdfs:isDefinedBy subProperty rdfs:seeAlso).

Consensus: Bug that needs to be fixed and we want annotations.

ACTION: PPS study and come up with proposal or note re major problem.


3.x Discussion re whether the completeness of OWL reasoners with
respect to datatypes addressed in out documents?

3.3  Discussion of fixing inconsistency with respect to Owl Lite and 
defined classes.

# The chairs are NOT at this time agreeing to reopen the issue of 
# whether defined (complete) classes are in Owl Lite.  However, Jeremy 
# has identified an inconsistency in our technical solution with 
# respect to what graphs are in Owl Lite and what aren't [2].  The 
# purpose of this bullet is to examine where we stand, identify the 
# inconsistency and see if we can decide on a technical approach to 
# resolving it.
$ [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0486.html

SUGGESTION: Fix Overview and Guide to reflect that owl:intersectionOf
is permitted in OWL Lite as per AS&S.

ACTION: Jim H. request editors to clarify their documents. 


4.0 AOB

ACTION: Add agenda item for next time: Are we meeting at March Plenary.

=====================================================

Submitted by:

Michael K. Smith, Ph.D., P.E.
EDS - Austin Innovation Centre
98 San Jacinto, #500
Austin, TX  78701

* phone: +01-512-404-6683
* mailto:michael.smith@eds.com
Received on Thursday, 30 January 2003 14:32:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:57 GMT