Re: a proposal for defining OWL DL documents (was Re: OWL, XML-RDF and Imports)

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 08:54, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> Continuing along with Sean's reasoning, I propose that the definition of
> an OWL DL document, i.e., an RDF/XML document that is an OWL DL ontology,
> be modified to be:
>

> DEFINITION:  An RDF/XML document is an OWL DL ontology if

[...]

Could you give some examples to show the difference between
this proposal and the spec as written? Perhaps take
the imports test cases and say how it impacts them?

http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/editors-draft/snapshot#approvedFunction-imports

Hmm... is this a request to re-open issue 5.6?
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.6-daml:imports-as-magic-syntax

Let's see... we closed it 14Nov... the pointer seems to go to 7Nov,
though... Mike, pls change that to
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0202.html
if I don't get to it first...
Ah yes, we adopted Heflin's proposal of 1Nov
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0004.html

Yes, this proposal seems to be substantively different from
that decision; i.e. this is a request to re-open the issue.

Very well; I think I have even more evidence now that we shouldn't
standardize owl:imports in this version. I'd be happy to see
it reopened.