Re: a proposal for defining OWL DL documents

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 05:55:00 -0500 (EST)
To: connolly@w3.org
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org, seanb@cs.man.ac.uk

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Subject: Re: a proposal for defining OWL DL documents (was Re: OWL, XML-RDF and Imports)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 20:56:31 -0600

> On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 08:54, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> > Continuing along with Sean's reasoning, I propose that the definition of
> > an OWL DL document, i.e., an RDF/XML document that is an OWL DL ontology,
> > be modified to be:
> >

> > DEFINITION:  An RDF/XML document is an OWL DL ontology if
>
> [...]
>
> Could you give some examples to show the difference between
> this proposal and the spec as written?

[...]

Well right now the specification does not talk about documents at all.  All
that matters currently is an RDF graph, so this is in some sense a
clarification.  One way of reading the current specification is that Peter
Crowther's examples are currently valid.  This change would the second one
(where a restriction is split over several documents) illegal.