Re: a proposal for defining OWL DL documents

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 05:55:00 -0500 (EST)
To: connolly@w3.org
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org, seanb@cs.man.ac.uk

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Subject: Re: a proposal for defining OWL DL documents (was Re: OWL, XML-RDF and Imports)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 20:56:31 -0600

> On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 08:54, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> > Continuing along with Sean's reasoning, I propose that the definition of
> > an OWL DL document, i.e., an RDF/XML document that is an OWL DL ontology,
> > be modified to be:
> >

> > DEFINITION:  An RDF/XML document is an OWL DL ontology if
> [...]
> Could you give some examples to show the difference between
> this proposal and the spec as written?

Well right now the specification does not talk about documents at all.  All
that matters currently is an RDF graph, so this is in some sense a
clarification.  One way of reading the current specification is that Peter
Crowther's examples are currently valid.  This change would the second one
(where a restriction is split over several documents) illegal.