Re: ISSUE: annotations

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 14:04:14 -0500 (EST)
To: jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject: Re: ISSUE: annotations
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 15:44:20 +0000

> I propose that annotations within the RDF graph in OWL Lite and OWL DL be
> given the same formal semantic force as in RDFS.
> A way that this can be done is articulated in [1] (under heading "OWL
> Lite/DL Entailment between RDF/XML documents").

I believe that this is not a viable solution.

For example, under this scheme

	Class(Person partial)
	Individual(john annotation(ex a) type(Person))
	Individual(jack type(Person))
	SameIndividual(john jack)

does not entail

	Class(Person partial)
	Individual(john type(Person))
	Individual(jack annotation(ex a) type(Person))
	SameIndividual(john jack)