Re: Timeline

At 10:07 +0000 2/7/03, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>At the telcon last night,
>Jim was asking me whether I thought we could make last call by the plenary.
>Some other WG member prompted me to say "No", but I didn't say that clearly.
>
>However on reflection it is difficult to conceive of us reaching
>last call by the plenary.

Guus and I have no trouble conceiving it, but if we don't get
SPECIFIC issues and resolutions proposed, we'll never finish

>There are some currently open issues - in all but name.
>These will need to be resolved.
>
>I am still uncovering worrying features of AS&S, such as obstruction
>of the use of RDF vocabulary [1], when equivalent user defined
>vocabulary is permitted. This could well be perceived as malicious
>non-cooperativeness by some other WG.

   WHAT IS YOUR PROPOSAL?

>I have a number of review comments against AS&S on the list [2],[3],
>some of which will be subsumed by other issues - but I will be
>reviewing those comments and raising the pertinent ones again when
>we next have a last call candidate for AS&S.

  REVIEW COMMENTS ARE EDITORIAL - chairs aren't interested in hearing
about them until we are at LC --  OR TECHNICAL - in which case make
it clear which ones need dealing with

>It is unclear how many of Herman's review comments on AS&S have been
>addressed.

Herman - same comment as to the above - most of your comments are
editorial, and are just waiting for Peter to get around to them.
Please pull out those you think effect the design of the language

>These all may require changes in the AS&S, and many of these changes
>may be distasteful to the editor - this is unlikely to speed the
>process.

I'm tempted to send both of you to the time out corner -- there's a
certain kindergarten dynamics at work here :-<

look, if we can get these things to proposed resolutions the WG can
vote on, then the document will reflect the decisions, The AS&S
editors have never to my knowledge gone against a WG decision on
purpose.  But frankly, if I was an AS&S editor, I'd be hesitant to
keep making changes because I think we're at the point of changing
things one way and then changing them back later.  WIthout specific
technical decisions, all we're doing is asking editors to waste their
time editing -- but it is frustrating to fix wording changes if their
are TECHNICAL issues being discussed - because those can require
major sections.

So, again, PROPOSE SPECIFIC SOLUTIONS TO SPECIFIC TECHNICAL problems
that the WG can resolve and we will make progress.