Re: OVERVIEW: WG preference - action from telecon

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 12:55:09 +0000
To: Deborah McGuinness <dlm@ksl.Stanford.EDU>
CC: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, connolly@w3.org, Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl, hendler@cs.umd.edu, www-webont-wg@w3.org

>i.e. the paragraph just says
> smething like "can only be used with named classes" (oe however that
> is made clear in the Overview)."

I am not sure if this thread has resolved.
I believe a sentence like:

"intersectionOf can be used with a named class as subject"

(My wording does not fit overview's wording).

might suffice to show the slightly liter use than in OWL DL.

My understanding is that AS&S allows owl:intersectionOf in Lite when:

- the subject is a classID (uriref)
- the object is a list of classIDs and (OWL Lite) restrictions.

so that:

<owl:Class rdf:about="#uri">
    <owl:intersectionOf rdf:parseType="Collection">
      <owl:Class rdf:about="#a"/>
      <owl:Class rdf:about="#b"/>
      <owl:Restriction>
          <owl:onProperty>
              <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="#p"/>
           </owl:onProperty>
      </owl:Restriction>
     </owl:intersectionOf>
</owl:Class>

is in Lite,
whereas using a hasValue in the restiction, or omitting the
rdf:about="#uri" makes it in DL.