Re: Draft Minutes 18th Dec 2003 - with attendence query

Jeremy, thanks.
Two small edits under AOB
Guus

Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> [...]
> We discussed these five tests particular misc-205 see
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-test/misc-200-xmlliteral#miscellaneous-205
> http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-test/misc-200-xmlliteral#misc-200-xmlliteral
>
> Crucially,  if you have not added reasoning for rdf:XMLLiteral then test 205
> comes out this way, and the four passes for this test indicate that some
> implementors have chosen to not implement rdf:XMLLiteral (or to allow it to
> be switched off)
>

> Hendler: if you have not added reasoning for rdf:XMLLiteral then test 205
> comes out this way.
>
> Herman points to D interpretations being imported in section 5 of S&AS from
> RDF Semantics, D interpretations in RDF Semantics have rdf:XMLLiteral.
>
> Horrocks: section 3 of S&AS definitely does not contain this condition
>
> Herman suggested that the tests depend on section 5 countered, Carroll
> countered by pointing that the primary link from say
> http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-test/#testConsistency is into section 3 of S&AS with
> a secondary link into section 5 of S&AS.
>
> Herman: if OWL DL does not support rdf:XMLLiteral then it is not a semantic
> ext of RDFS
>
> (Sandro and Jim made IRC comments against requiring rdf:XMLLiteral that were
> not part of the verbal telecon)
>
> Herman wanted to add rdf:XMLLiteral to sections 3 and 5 of S&AS and make
> consequential editorial changes. He asserts this is merely a clarification
> (fixing a possible misreading)
>
> Jeremy suggested changing section 5 of S&AS as a clarification and making
> consequential changes in test, principally that misc-205 would be a Lite only
> test.
>
> Jeremy also suggested that the editorial change of s/datatype theory/datatype
> map/ in test to bring it into line with the terminology in S&AS is a good
> one.
>

> Herman believes Carroll proposal (change to test misc-205) is better than no
> change
>
> Carroll noted that business arguments moved him more than technical arguments
> in this case.
>
> No consensus was reached.
>
> ACTION jjc Propose editorial change theory to map
> ACTION jjc expand proposal to modify 205 without Full
>
> (there was further discussion of dates)
>

> Discussion of annotation property
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Dec/0063.html
> (Item skipped)
>
> ACTION Hendler Add annotation property to agenda for 15th January
>

> 7.0 AOB - Sean's Parsing OWL document
>
> RESOLVED publishing Sean's document as WG note
>
> (we did not use a URL the scribe understood it to be the one discussed in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Dec/0087
> )
> ACTION Sandro act as team contact for Sean's note
>
> Unanimous
>
> AOB FYI
>
> Call for discussion on charter of BP group to take places in Cannes

Rephrase: Tentative date for kickoff meeting of BP: 4-5 March at Tech
Plenary in Cannes.

> WebOnt WG will not be meeting in Cannes

Rephrase: chairs expect Webont WG will not be meeting in Cannes.

Guus

> There will be a party for WebOnt WG members at Cannes

Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/