Re: Please update OWL Test results -- today if possible

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:27:22 -0500
To: Jack Berkowitz <jack.berkowitz@networkinference.com>, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org, evren@cs.umd.edu, "Minsu Jang" <minsu@etri.re.kr>, "Sean Bechhofer" <seanb@cs.man.ac.uk>

At 16:52 +0000 12/12/03, Jack Berkowitz wrote:
>Sandro,
>
>we only release results based on our publicly shipping version of
>our software (3.0.3).  We actually have more results to share, but
>due to needing to be sensitive to clients looking at that sheet, and
>then saying "why the heck isn't it working in my release like it
>says on the test results page?", we will be holding them off until
>we ship our 3.1 version, which will be in Q1 2004.  For various
>reasons, we can't share what we intend to pass at that time, but it
>is a much larger proportion.  We however only release engines and
>subsequent inference results until we have gone through extensive
>scalability tests with the algorithms.
>
>My understanding is that the results page can be updated
>continually.  Is it your intention to freeze the results as of
>Monday or so, and then stop the updating on the page?  If there is
>no objection, we'd just as soon continually update our RDF feed as
>the state of the products emerge, and would encourage the others to
>do the same.
>
>Jack

Jack - it would be worth running your old version again as there've
been some tests moved from proposed to accepted, but the results
won't be reflected unless people run their systems again -- so it
would only help you - as you'll show a higher percentage of accepted
tests if you run again.

More importantly, we're hoping to move to PR real soon, and our
request to advance has some numbers quoted -- problem is I need to
rewrite this section, and some of the ssytems that were passing 100%
of some section aren't any more -- we're still okay, but if people
don't run their systems again we'll be underreporting our results
  -JH
--
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-277-3388 (Cell)