W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > August 2003

WOWG: agenda Aug 7 telecon

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:07:21 +0200
Message-ID: <3F3119A9.4030709@cs.vu.nl>
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

AGENDA  Teleconference Web Ontology Working Group
Aug 7, 2003, 1200 (East US), 0900 (West US). 1700 (London)
Duration: 60-90 min

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 passcode 9326#.
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #webont

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: TBD


1. ADMINISTRIVIA

Role Call

Regrets:
Jeremy Carroll, Herman ter Horst, Evan Wallace, Charles White

Approve Minutes of Jul 24:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/0313.html
plus amendment by Connolly:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Aug/0004.html

Telecon schedule:

Aug 14    NO telecon
Aug 21    telecon, chair Hendler, scribe TBD


2. ACTION ITEM REVIEW

ACTION Ian to draft a response for Dave Reynolds on the issue of named
dataranges, discussing the danger of uncomfortable interactions between
datatypes and such dataranges.
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Jul/0053.html

ACTION Jeremy to produce 4 or 5 new test cases for structure sharing
checking
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/0317.html

ACTION Peter Patel-Schneider to look over Jeremy's B1 B2 proof
revision.

ACTION Jim Hendler to change CR request to indicate risk for
syntax constraint on structure sharing
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/0342.html

ACTION Jim Hendler to reply to Dave Reynolds saying we have added the
above to the "at risk list.

ACTION Jeremy Carroll to review Wine and Food ontologies from
Guide.
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/0306.html

ACTION? Jeremy Carroll to review recent language layering changes to S
and AS.
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jul/0296.html


3. STATUS CR REQUEST
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/rqim.html

- short update by team contacts / chairs on time line


4. STATUS CR DOCUMENTS

3.1 General issues

- CR date

- cross references to other OWL documents
See message from Mike Smith:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Aug/0009.html

- cross references to RDF documents


4.2 Document-specific

ACTION WD editors to prepare drafts for CR
   Overview: Sandro
   Guide: Mike S.
   Reference: Mike D.
   S&AS: Peter
   Test: Jeremy/Jos
   Requirements: Sandro/Jeff


- OWL Overview

ACTION:
Sandro to see that changes are completed in Overview addressing QA
issues (specifically: complete document roadmap).


- OWL Guide

Question from Mike Smith: "DOCTYPE owl"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Aug/0011.html


- OWL Reference

ACTIONS:
    - change regarding the absence of daml:item
    - dc date out of date
    - Jos will look over owl.owl (not in critical path)

Question from Guus: owl.owl or owl.rdf
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Aug/0003.html


- OWL S&AS

Peter no reported: no pending changes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Aug/0007.html


- OWL Test

 From Jul 24 minutes:
    - changes will continue until PR status)
    - Jos found the number of tests not yet recommended too great, but
      we could not fix this on the telecon.
    - XML literal with language tags still needs to be done.


- OWL Use Cases and Requirements

 From Jul 24 minutes:
    - old, misleading date on editor's draft noted.


5. AOB


-- 
Free University Amsterdam, Computer Science
De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/
Received on Wednesday, 6 August 2003 11:07:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:01 GMT