RE: Guide: draft of Oct 31

Mike

> 1) The owl namespace should be http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl

Thanks. Done.

> 2) Remove .owl from the !ENTITY declarations.  This allows
  use of content negotiation based on MIME types.

My only problem will be explaining content negotiation based on MIME
types.  Given our recent discussions, I now doubt that I understand
this as well as I thought.  I pretty much get it for files.

But does it work for resources? E.g.
http://www.example.org/wine#RedWine      vs
http://www.example.org/wine.owl#RedWine.

Does it generalize?
So that we would delete the .owl suffix from all of the following?

  <!ENTITY vin "http://www.example.org/wine.owl#" >
  xmlns:vin ="http://www.example.org/wine.owl#"
  <owl:Ontology rdf:about="http://www.example.org/wine.owl">

> 3) Several of us regret not providing examples of instances
> (content) separate from ontologies in the DAML+OIL examples.

Sounds like an excellent idea. I would like to postpone it until
the next version.

> 4) I think the synonym owl:hasClassAs declarations (e.g.
> food:Red owl:sameClassAs vin:Red) set a bad example.

As PFPS noted, a bunch of those decls were typos that should have
been sameIndividualAs.  The same criticism holds, of course.  When I
talk about sameClasssAs, I actually suggest that the example I use is
bogus and would be better done by using a straight reference.

- Mike