RE: Guide: draft of Oct 31

Ah.  Good catch.  Fixed as we speak.  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Connolly [mailto:connolly@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 4:34 PM
To: Smith, Michael K
Cc: Mike Dean; webont
Subject: RE: Guide: draft of Oct 31

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 16:10, Smith, Michael K wrote:

> Regarding Mime types and content negotiation.
>
> I want to present examples that will work without reference to
> the particular server/client pairing.  So I am inclined to leave
> the suffixes in.

No.

Sorry I don't have time to elaborate just now, but this is
a show-stopping objection.

To leave the suffixes in would be counter
to our decision

=========
excerpt from http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/ftf3.html

PROPOSED: to use for the namespace name: http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#
RESOLVED

ACTION Connoly to get the above OK'd by the W3C webmaster/director;
ACTION Dean to update the reference document
=========

>  Is there somewhere I could point the reader
> so that they can understand the issues/advantages of using
> content negotiation?

For now, please put some sort of "NOTE: explain
this better next time" editorial note.