W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > May 2002

LOG WebOnt Telcon May 30th (Draft)

From: Raphael Volz <rvo@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 19:22:30 +0200
To: "Webont" <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <DMECLAFLIOFJEFFIAJPCOECNCMAA.rvo@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
% Scribe log - WebOnt Telcon May 30, 2002

Roll call:

1) Join call/attendance/admin (10 min)

- regrets: Dean, Finin, Gibbins, Hellman, Klein, McGuinness, Smith

 (E) = Excused, (P) = present

*ALT James Barnette, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
(P) Jonathan Borden, Jonathan@openhealth.org (Invited Expert; intro)
*ALTFrederik Brysse, Ivis Group, Limited Frederik.Brysse@ivisgroup.com
(intro)
Stephen Buswell, Stilo Technology StephenB@stilo.com, sb@stilo.com (intro)
(P) Jeremy Carroll, Hewlett Packard Company jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com,
jeremy_carroll@hp.com (intro)
(P) Dan Connolly, W3C Team contact connolly@w3.org
Jonathan Dale, Fujitsu Limited jdale@fla.fujitsu.com (intro)
(P) Jos De Roo, Agfa-Gevaert N. V. jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com (intro)
*ALT D.C. De Roure, University of Southampton dder@ecs.soton.ac.uk (intro)
(E) Mike Dean mdean@bbn.com (invited expert; intro)
Stefan Decker, Stanford stefan@db.stanford.edu (intro)
(P) Larry Eshelman, Philips Electronics N.V. larry.eshelman@philips.com
(intro)
Dieter Fensel, Ibrow, dieter@cs.vu.nl (intro)
(E) Tim Finin, University of Maryland MIND Laboratory finin@cs.umbc.edu
(intro)
(E) Nicholas Gibbins, University of Southampton nmg@ecs.soton.ac.uk (intro)
Pat Hayes, phayes@ai.uwf.edu (invited expert) (intro)
(P) Jeff Heflin heflin@cse.lehigh.edu (invited expert; intro)
(P) Ziv Hellman, <ziv@unicorn.com>, Unicorn Solutions Inc. (intro)
(P) James Hendler, Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab at the
University of Maryland hendler@cs.umd.edu (Co-Chair; intro)
Bernard Horan bernard.horan@sun.com Sun Microsystems, Inc.
(P) Ian Horrocks, Network Inference horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk (intro)
Francesco Iannuzzelli, <francesco.iannuzzelli@ivisgroup.com>, Ivis Group
Limited (intro)
*ALTMario Jeckle, Daimler Chrysler Research and Technology
mario.jeckle@daimlerchrysler.com (intro)
(E) Ruediger Klein, Daimler Chrysler Research and Technology
ruediger.klein@daimlerchrysler.com (intro)
*ALT Natasha Kravtsova, Philips Electronic N.V.
natasha.kravtsova@philips.com (intro)
Ora Lassila, Nokia daml@lassila.org, ora.lassila@nokia.com (intro)
*ALTAlexander Maedche, <maedche@fzi.de>, Forschungszentrum Informatik (FZI)
(E) Deborah McGuinness, Stanford dlm@ksl.stanford.edu (intro)
(P) Libby Miller, University of Bristol libby.miller@bristol.ac.uk (intro)
Enrico Motta, Ibrow e.motta@open.ac.uk (intro)
(P) Leo Obrst, MITRE lobrst@mitre.org (intro)
(P) Laurent Olivry EDF (Electricite De France) Laurent.Olivry@edf.fr
(P) Peter Patel-Schneider, Lucent Technologies pfps@research.bell-labs.com
(intro)
Martin Pike, Stilo Technology mp@stilo.com (intro)
(E) Marwan Sabbouh, MITRE ms@mitre.org (intro)
(P) Guus Schreiber, Ibrow schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl (Co-Chair;intro)
Shimizu Noboru, Interoperability Technology Association for Information
Processing, Japan (INTAP)
*ALT Michael Sintek, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
(DFKI) Gmbh sintek@dfki.uni-kl.de (intro)
Michael Smith, Electronic Data System (EDS) michael.smith@eds.com (intro)
(E) Ned Smith, Intel ned.smith@intel.com (intro)
(P) John Stanton, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
StantonJ@ncr.disa.mil stantonj@ncr.disa.mil (intro)
(P) Lynn Andrea Stein, lynn.stein@olin.edu (invited expert; intro)
*ALT Patrick Stickler, Nokia patrick.stickler@nokia.com (intro)
Said Tabet, Nisus, Inc.
Herman ter Horst, Philips Electronic N.V. herman.ter.horst@philips.com
(intro)
Lynne R. Thompson, Unisys Corporation lynne.thompson@unisys.com (intro)
David Trastour, Hewlett Packard Company david_trastour@hplb.hpl.hp.com,
david_trastour@hp.com (intro)
(E) Frank van Harmelen, Ibrow Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl (intro)
(P) Raphael Volz, <volz@fzi.de>, Forschungszentrum Informatik (FZI) (intro)
(P) Evan Wallace, ewallace@cme.nist.gov, National Institute of Standards and
technology (intro)
Christopher Welty, <welty@us.ibm.com>, IBM Corporation





- WOWG schedule revision request, would extend charter to july 03, 6 months
for wrap up of wg

- ISWC / telecon Jun 13, Ian tries to set up for speaker phone, tries to
find
person that has one and attends ISWC in Sardinia. No success so far.

2) ACTION item review
   (chair, 5 min)

ACTION Connolly: to arrange direct CVS access for
appropriate members [Jeremy Carroll, Jos de Roo] of the test focus
area to that repository.
--> NOT DONE. request to settle the issue by phone.

ACTION Dan Connolly to set up f2f registration page
--> 10 organizations have registered already, machine expects only one
answer per organziation, will have to note that multiple people from
one organization in comments, invited experts need to have w3c member
account.
deadline for reg. 1st of july

ACTION Deborah McGuinness, Frank van Harmelen, Pat Hayes:
        coedit level 1 document as draft to WG
--> open.
ACTION Peter Patel-Schneider:
        edit document on OWL Features as draft for WG
--> done.
ACTION Deborah McGuinness, Ian Horrocks, Frank van Harmelen, Pat Hayes:
        co-edit OWL features document

ACTION Jim Hendler - find editor for D+O document
--> moving along well, takes d+o, update to current statusd, editor not
found yet.

ACTION chairs to clean up issues list
--> feedback already coming, scheduled for next telcon.


3) Status report on documents (editors involved, 15 min).

- OWL subset document
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0222.html

This relates to the issue "Language compliance levels"

--> Editors not here. Come back on that next week.
Ask Frank to report next week.

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#5.2-Language-Compliance-
Levels


- OWL full features document
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0173.html


--> (PPS) sort of done, apart from non-logical things ought to be done. all
in a "rational" form.
not many comments yet.

(hendler) ask for people's review once done. pps feels ready for that.
jeff_heflin will do a review. deros will review it. no changes until review.
pps encourages other comments as well. pps will send a official message to
webont with doc as attachment.



- Comments webont on RDF Schema document by Gibbins
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0178.html
Two reviewers needed.
--> reviewers: pps, raphael volz, hendler


- Requirements document
Timeline for updated version
--> jeff says not much effort, mainly wording. revised version should be
possible
--> within 2 weeks to reviewers. reviewers: welty, ziv

 no substantial rejection of requirements

color coding to show diffs.

- D+O document as WD (Hendler)
--> moving into a new doc. called OWL 1. Clean up, like removing Q-things.
will come to group as doc to be reviewed. diff to full feature doc is: later
does not express
syntax. if one does not like syntax of D+O then add this to issues. Syntax
should not be fixed
as this point, rather starting point for final syntax.

4) Issues 4.5 and 5.11 (chair, 25 min.)
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html

Issue 4.5
4.5-InverseOf James Hendler Apr 19, 2002 OPEN


a) ISSUE InverseOf
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#4.5-InverseOf

"InverseOf is a highly used (some say misused) feature of
DAML+OIL. The OWL-Full proposal left it out, because of some worries
on the part of some participants that it caused some logical problems
for users. Other people argue it is an important expression in the
mapping between ontologies."

Proposed resolution by Dan Connoly:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0264.html


Ian: description seems to involve UniquelyIdentifyingPropert often with
respect to Datatypes.

proposal is ammended in resolution 5.1 when used with datatypes still open,
elsewise close.

closed in favor. closing text will be online. resolved.


Issue 5.11
b) ISSUE hasClass/ToClass-names
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#5.11-hasClass/ToClass-na
mes

"Several people at WWW2002 who were using DAML+OIL suggested that using
hasClass and ToClass to represent the difference between universal and
existential quantification was confusing, primarily with respect to
nomenclature (i.e. the names in no way connote the difference between
them). It is suggested that we consider a name change for these terms
to something more mnemonic and/or some examples in the walkthru
documents that better show the difference."



5.11-hasClass/ToClass-names Jim Hendler 20 May 2002 OPEN
People seem have difficulty with those names. asking for more understandable
names.
no comments on list.

ian: new document does propose completely new names, i.e.

toClass (Existential) -> RANGE
hasClass --> REQUIRED

example:
 toClass. all your siblings are people.
 hasClass. you have a sibling that is a person.

guus: range might add to the confusion as it is already used otherwise in
RDFS

DanC takes nominations for 3 days. will organize votes.

DanC is issue owner.


5) DTTF summary (J. Borden, 15 min)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0229.html

- feedback

changes from prev. version: some last minute discussion on mailing list
(today) not incorporated.
1. part pretty much the same. resolution was not robust enough, thus
language test cases added,
T-Box A-box distinction added, Guus+IanH didn't agree on that addition.

abstain Jeremy, Danc, JosDeRoo
no objections
action: ammendments proposes send this to rdf core.


- timeline for finalizing the SWCG action

Action Jonathan will send it to both WGs. Separately.


Note that this agenda item concerns the issue "Semantic layering" (5.3)
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#5.3-Semantic-Layering


6) Proposal for XML presentation syntax (Patel-Schneider, 10 min)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0266.html

- Issue "XML presentation syntax" should probably be raised
  (see A'dam ftf resolutions)

  PPS: UML Presentation syntax should also be in the same "bucket" of
issues.


- Q+A (short)

    Jeff: presentation syntax meant to be non-normative or not ? PPS:
non-normative

pps: interested in people who know xmls to review the document

assignment of reviewers to xmls stuff:
- jeff heflin participate in review, also jeremy, jonathan borden
- on-going issue, timeline of 3 weeks

7) A.O.B.
- several messages not archives: pps xmls, guuses

- scribe for June 6: no volunteer.

- agenda will include all issues posted by hendler max 29th unless someone
takes an argument.

19:16 adjunred
----
Here is the chat log:
----
15:01:10 <logger_1> logger_1 has joined #webont
15:01:10 <irc.w3.org> Users on #webont: @logger_1
15:43:00 <DanC_> DanC_ has joined #webont
15:43:06 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #webont
15:43:08 <RRSAgent> * RRSAgent is logging
15:43:10 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #webont
15:43:12 <DanC_> Zakim, this will be WEBO
15:43:17 <Zakim> ok, DanC_
15:43:39 <DanC_> DanC_ has changed the topic to: 30May WebOnt WG
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/
15:48:54 <raphael> raphael has joined #webont
15:49:11 <raphael> Hi -
15:49:17 <DanC_> hi
15:49:26 <raphael> DanC_ do you know how to scribe ? any special
requirements
15:50:35 <schreiber> schreiber has joined #webont
15:51:26 <schreiber> hi, pahael, I hope we can do the roll call via Zakim
15:51:36 <raphael> Hi guus, any special requirements for the scribing ???
15:52:15 <raphael> Is the conference bridge already open ?
15:52:17 <schreiber> not really, main points are to record the
actions/decisions
15:52:35 <raphael> OK. Send the first draft to the list or directly to you ?
15:55:00 <jhendler> jhendler has joined #webont
15:56:30 <DanC_> logger_1, pointer?
15:56:30 <DanC_> See
http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/webont/2002-05-30#T15-56-30
15:56:33 <DanC_> RRSAgent, pointer?
15:56:35 <RRSAgent> See http://www.w3.org/2002/05/30-webont-irc#T15-56-33
15:56:55 <Zakim> SW_WebOnt()12:00PM has now started
15:57:00 <Zakim> +JHendler
15:57:04 <schreiber> raphael, you can send the first draft directly to the
list
15:57:17 <DanC_> * DanC_ fixes ACLs of log...
15:57:49 <Zakim> +??P0
15:57:58 <laurentO> laurentO has joined #webont
15:58:27 <jhendler> zakim, ??P0 is Guus
15:58:28 <Zakim> +Guus; got it
15:58:29 <Zakim> +??P7
15:58:46 <DanC_> Guus, did you cite last meeting's minutes from the agenda?
15:58:47 <Zakim> + +1.408.732.aaaa
15:58:49 <Zakim> +??P11
15:58:50 <jhendler> zakim, ??P7 is JohnStant
15:58:53 <Zakim> +JohnStant; got it
15:59:11 <jhendler> zakim, ??P11 is raphael
15:59:12 <Zakim> +Raphael; got it
15:59:22 <jhendler> zakim, aaaa is jonDale
15:59:25 <Zakim> +JonDale; got it
15:59:26 <DanC_> * DanC_ looks for records from last week...
15:59:32 <jhendler> zakim, who is here
15:59:34 <Zakim> jhendler, you need to end that query with '?'
15:59:36 <jhendler> zakim, who is here?
15:59:38 <Zakim> I see JHendler, Guus, JohnStant, JonDale, Raphael
15:59:47 <Zakim> +Massimo
16:00:15 <DanC_> 23May minutes:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0201.html
16:00:19 <Zakim> +Stein
16:00:25 <Zakim> +??P14
16:00:38 <Zakim> + +1.484.892.aabb
16:00:41 <Zakim> +??P21
16:00:48 <jhendler> zakim,??p14 is Evan
16:01:04 <Massimo> Massimo has joined #webont
16:01:05 <jono> jono has joined #webont
16:01:06 <las> las has joined #webont
16:01:09 <Zakim> +??P22
16:01:15 <jono> hello
16:01:15 <jhendler> zakim,??p21 is Larry
16:01:19 <pfps> pfps has joined #webont
16:01:32 <jhendler> zakim, who is here
16:01:34 <jhendler> zakim, who is here?
16:01:34 <Zakim> jhendler, you need to end that query with '?'
16:01:35 <Zakim> I see JHendler, Guus, JohnStant, JonDale, Raphael, Massimo
(muted), Stein, ??P14, +1.484.892.aabb, ??P21, ??P22
16:01:43 <Zakim> +DanC
16:01:44 <Zakim> -??P22
16:01:50 <Zakim> +??P3
16:01:55 <Zakim> +??P12
16:02:12 <DanC_> Zakim, who's here?
16:02:13 <Zakim> I see JHendler, Guus, JohnStant, JonDale, Raphael, Massimo
(muted), Stein, ??P14, +1.484.892.aabb, ??P21, DanC, ??P3, ??P12
16:02:30 <Zakim> +??P20
16:03:07 <DanC_> Zakim, ??P20 is JosD
16:03:08 <Zakim> +JosD; got it
16:03:13 <DanC_> Zakim, ??P21 is JeffH
16:03:15 <Zakim> +JeffH; got it
16:03:50 <Zakim> +??P22
16:03:57 <DanC_> Zakim, ??P12 is DavidT
16:03:58 <libby> libby has joined #webont
16:03:58 <Zakim> +DavidT; got it
16:04:08 <DanC_> Zakim, who's here?
16:04:09 <Zakim> I see JHendler, Guus, JohnStant, JonDale, Raphael, Massimo
(muted), Stein, ??P14, +1.484.892.aabb, JeffH, DanC, ??P3, DavidT, JosD,
??P22
16:04:17 <Zakim> +??P24
16:04:18 <DanC_> Zakim, ??P3 is LibbyM
16:04:19 <Zakim> +LibbyM; got it
16:04:27 <DanC_> Zakim, ??P24 is ZivH
16:04:28 <Zakim> +ZivH; got it
16:04:35 <DanC_> Zakim, who's here?
16:04:36 <Zakim> I see JHendler, Guus, JohnStant, JonDale, Raphael, Massimo
(muted), Stein, ??P14, +1.484.892.aabb, JeffH, DanC, LibbyM, DavidT, JosD,
??P22, ZivH
16:04:47 <Zakim> +??P25
16:05:00 <DanC_> Zakim, ??P25 is LarryE
16:05:01 <Zakim> +LarryE; got it
16:05:07 <DanC_> Zakim, ??P22 is Wallace
16:05:09 <Zakim> +Wallace; got it
16:05:12 <DanC_> Zakim, who's here?
16:05:13 <Zakim> I see JHendler, Guus, JohnStant, JonDale, Raphael, Massimo
(muted), Stein, ??P14, +1.484.892.aabb, JeffH, DanC, LibbyM, DavidT, JosD,
Wallace, ZivH, LarryE (muted)
16:05:31 <DanC_> Zakim, ??P14 is JeremyC
16:05:33 <Zakim> +JeremyC; got it
16:05:48 <DanC_> oops... I should have used "is perhaps JeremyC" and so on.
16:06:09 <Zakim> + +1.703.883.aacc
16:06:18 <DanC_> Zakim, aacc is LeoO
16:06:20 <Zakim> +LeoO; got it
16:06:31 <jhendler> regrets Dean, Finin, Gibbins, Hellman, Klein,
McGuinness, Smith, sabbouh, vanHarmelen
16:07:04 <DanC_> er... any reason not to cite the schedule proposal?
16:07:10 <Zakim> + +1.416.595.aadd
16:07:25 <DanC_> # ALL: WG schedule Guus Schreiber (Wed, Mar 27 2002)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Mar/0313.html
16:07:27 <Zakim> + +1.613.637.aaee
16:07:33 <DanC_> Zakim, aadd is ChrisWelty
16:07:34 <Zakim> +ChrisWelty; got it
16:07:46 <DanC_> Zakim, aaee is IanH
16:07:47 <Zakim> +IanH; got it
16:08:15 <jhendler> zakim, who is here?
16:08:17 <Zakim> I see JHendler, Guus, JohnStant, JonDale, Raphael, Massimo
(muted), Stein, JeremyC, +1.484.892.aabb, JeffH, DanC, LibbyM, DavidT, JosD,
Wallace, ZivH, LarryE (muted), LeoO,
16:08:18 <Zakim> ... ChrisWelty, IanH
16:09:06 <DDeR> DDeR has joined #webont
16:09:47 <Zakim> +??P30
16:09:49 <DanC_> hm... DDeR... ah... D.C. De Roure
16:09:57 <Zakim> +NickG
16:10:10 <DanC_> did you just dial in, D.C.?
16:10:17 <DDeR> Yes I did Dan, thanks
16:10:48 <DDeR> I'm acting as Nick G's alternate - he's moving house - but
I'm time-limited
16:11:18 <Zakim> -IanH
16:12:39 <las> * las isn't sure what I made my way through.....
16:13:55 <jono> danC: I would say by the 26th; that should give the caterers
enough time to adjust food requirements
16:14:00 <DanC_> many of these documents are (finally) cited from the WG
home page. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/#Current
16:14:29 <Zakim> +??P29
16:14:36 <DanC_> registration closes 26Jun; ok. Wanna pad that? you'll
*start* getting registrations on whatever deadline you set.
16:15:01 <DanC_> Zakim, ??P29 is perhaps IanH
16:15:02 <Zakim> +IanH?; got it
16:15:09 <Zakim> +Jonathan.Borden
16:15:31 <DanC_> this one, yes?
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/compliance.html
16:16:16 <jono> danc: whatever you think appropriate, that's kind of the
minimum date I would expect the caterers to need - what about the friday
before that - the 21st?
16:16:28 <DanC_> yeah, let's say 21st
16:16:57 <JonB> JonB has joined #webont
16:18:20 <JosD> JosD has joined #webont
16:18:52 <las> * las thinks that it's important but also doubts she can meet
the timetable required!
16:21:15 <DanC_> hmm... so this one isn't the right one.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/att-0173/01-owl.ht
ml
16:22:07 <DanC_> this one? 22May
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0178.html
16:22:54 <jhendler> regrets - Enrico Motta.
16:23:03 <DanC_> where there *any* substantive comments, Jeff?
16:25:44 <Zakim> +??P35
16:29:27 <DanC_> * DanC_ q+
16:29:30 <Zakim> * Zakim sees DanC on the speaker queue
16:33:25 <DanC_> * DanC_ searches for records of inverseOf discussion at the
ftf
16:34:06 <DanC_> "08:54:03 [nmg]
16:34:06 <DanC_> pfps: removal of inverseOf was on the basis of complexity
of inference"
16:34:41 <DanC_> http://www.w3.org/2002/04/08-webont-irc
16:35:07 <DanC_> other issue:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#5.1-Unifo
16:36:58 <DanC_> woohoo! we closed an issue!
16:42:27 <JonB> q+
16:42:30 <Zakim> * Zakim sees DanC, JonB on the speaker queue
16:42:47 <JonB> * JonB has experience with XML schemas and RDF
16:43:34 <las> If restrict sibling toclass person, then sibling subset
person, right?
16:43:36 <JonB> w.r.t. W3C voting mechanism, this appears to exclude invited
experts
16:44:06 <JonB> which is ok by me if you don't care for my opinion in a
straw poll
16:44:29 <DanC_> no, that was a bug, Jon. You're authorized to contribute.
16:45:31 <DanC_> I fixed the bug.
16:45:37 <JonB> thx
16:45:38 <las> * las wouldn't know what to suggest....
16:46:19 <DanC_> pls do register, btw, jon.
16:46:23 <DanC_> for the ftf.
16:46:43 <jhendler> classHasProperty and ClassInstanceHasProperty  ??
16:47:21 <DanC_> 27May DTTF thingy:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0229.html
16:48:44 <Zakim> -ChrisWelty
16:52:38 <Massimo> q+
16:52:39 <Zakim> * Zakim sees DanC, JonB, Massimo on the speaker queue
16:52:46 <JonB> q-
16:52:47 <Zakim> * Zakim sees DanC, Massimo on the speaker queue
16:54:38 <Massimo> q-
16:54:39 <Zakim> * Zakim sees DanC on the speaker queue
16:54:54 <jhendler> ack DanC
16:54:55 <Zakim> * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
16:58:05 <JonB> http://www.openhealth.org/WOWG/DTTF is URI for amended
document
16:58:55 <JonB> q+
16:58:56 <Zakim> * Zakim sees JonB on the speaker queue
17:04:26 <jhendler> ack JonB
17:04:29 <Zakim> * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
17:05:44 <Massimo> q+
17:05:45 <Zakim> * Zakim sees Massimo on the speaker queue
17:07:38 <schreiber> schreiber has left #webont
17:07:49 <jhendler> ack massimo
17:07:50 <Zakim> * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
17:08:14 <schreiber> schreiber has joined #webont
17:09:18 <pfps> I know why I didn't use XSV.  I couldn't see how to run a
schema in XSV, i.e., use a schema to determine whether an XML document was
valid int he schema.
17:09:53 <schreiber> zakim, q
17:09:54 <Zakim> I don't understand 'q', schreiber.  Try /msg Zakim help
17:10:00 <schreiber> q?
17:10:01 <jhendler> q
17:10:01 <Zakim> * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
17:10:27 <DanC_> you can get going pretty easily by putting a pointer to
your schema and a pointer to your example document into
http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv
17:10:55 <DanC_> running xsv locally on your desktop is more involved; I've
never actually done it.
17:11:04 <DanC_> I know other folks have.
17:12:03 <jhendler> zakim, who is here
17:12:04 <Zakim> jhendler, you need to end that query with '?'
17:12:06 <jhendler> zakim, who is here?
17:12:07 <Zakim> I see JHendler, Guus, JohnStant, JonDale, Raphael, Massimo,
Stein, JeremyC, +1.484.892.aabb, JeffH, DanC, LibbyM, DavidT, JosD, Wallace,
ZivH, LarryE (muted), LeoO, ??P30, NickG,
17:12:10 <Zakim> ... IanH?, Jonathan.Borden, ??P35 (muted)
17:12:40 <pfps> Ah ha!  I didn't notice that you could do validation on the
interface.
17:16:29 <Zakim> -LarryE
17:16:37 <Zakim> -JeremyC
17:16:38 <Zakim> -Stein
17:16:39 <Zakim> -DavidT
17:16:41 <Zakim> -JeffH
17:16:41 <Zakim> -LeoO
17:16:42 <Zakim> -Jonathan.Borden
17:16:43 <Zakim> -ZivH
17:16:44 <Zakim> -Wallace
17:16:45 <Zakim> -LibbyM
17:16:46 <Zakim> -??P35
17:16:47 <Zakim> -DanC
17:16:50 <Zakim> -Guus
17:16:52 <Zakim> -Raphael
17:16:53 <Zakim> -??P30
17:16:55 <Zakim> -IanH?
17:16:58 <Zakim> -Massimo
17:17:01 <Zakim> -JHendler
17:17:02 <Zakim> - +1.484.892.aabb
17:17:04 <Zakim> -JohnStant
17:17:18 <Zakim> -NickG
17:17:33 <Zakim> -JosD
17:17:56 <schreiber> schreiber has quit
17:18:01 <Zakim> -JonDale
17:18:04 <Zakim> SW_WebOnt()12:00PM has ended
17:18:10 <pfps> pfps has left #webont
17:19:43 <libby> libby has quit
17:19:45 <JosD> JosD has quit

--
 Raphael Volz             Tel:   49 721 608-7363
 Institut AIFB            Web:   http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/rvo
 Uni Karlsruhe (TH)       EMail: volz@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de
 PGP-Key Fingerprint:
	C5A1 52FA D0F1 47B9 7075  1F22 F3E3 BEE2 68BB 1643

Received on Thursday, 30 May 2002 13:24:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:50 GMT