Re: Moving forward

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:22:27 -0500
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Peter,

> A third way to go would be to
> 1/ give up on a theory of classes
> This *would* result in a viable solution.  The change to DAML+OIL would be
> very small, formally, but, informally
> 2/ the role of classes would change

Could you elaborate? What are the implications? That is to say, this seems
attractive but perhaps I am missing something obvious, or perhaps I am
misreading "give up on _a_ theory of classes" which seems to suggest that
_another_ theory of classes can be used. Isn't a "very small" formal change
what we are looking for?

Jonathan