Re: GUIDE: examples

From: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:54:25 +0100
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Guus Schreiber wrote:

> I hope to start this week with representing my antique furniture
> examples with the OWL lite constructs to see how far I can get.

Guus,

Although I appreciate your sense of urgency, I'm a bit alarmed by your use of
the phrase "OWL lite constructs".

IanH, PeterPS and me are working very (VERY) hard to get a first language
proposal out to the focus group by the action-item due date (21/3). Based on
the document from last week, it is indeed likely that there will be a
"lighter" core of a "heavier" full language, but the lists of language
constructs in our sketch from last week were exactly that: a sketch.

It is very unlikely that the "lighter core" will look anything like the lists
in that sketch, so any work you will put in now may well be in vain in a week
from now.

As said, I appreciate your sense of urgency, but working from the sketch from
last week may not be the most productive thing to do. We promise a first
language proposal well before the 21/3 teleconf.

Frank.
    ----