RE: APOLOGY to WOWG

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:04:47 -0000
To: "Ora Lassila" <daml@lassila.org>, <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
> Too often -- in the context of some W3C working group -- I have heard
> the comment "we do not have time for this" when someone has suggested
> some improvement.

I would support Ora's position, except that I have yet to be convinced that
we are taking our time over anything but pedantry. I think there is a danger
of over-polishing the early docs.

I was particularly sorry to hear Lynn say that she felt an e-mail needed
polishing before being sent to this list. While I wouldn't want to encourage
lots of ill-thought out and unreadable e-mail I would prefer a little too
much e-mail over not being included in important discussions.

The only documents that I think need polishing are those that are
"standard's track". I do not believe the current WD is such. Despite not
being 100% behind the current draft, I am 80% behind it, and find the 80/20
rule convincing me that is hence finished (for ever, at least for me).