Re: proposed rewording to 'tagging' requirement.

I think it is minimally acceptable to not group statements and just tag
individual statements (just to get this out the door), but I think
Mike's point goes to a real issue: we need to tag arbitrary content,
i.e., a subtree, an ontology. The issue won't go away. This gets into
"partitioning" and whatever granularity we end up with.

Leo

Jim Hendler wrote:

> At 1:49 PM -0500 2/21/02, Mike Dean wrote:
> >  > The language must provide a way to allow statements to be 'tagged'
> >>  with additional information such as author, date, confidence level,
> >>  etc. . The language need not provide a standard set of properties
> >>  that can be used in this way, but should instead provide a general
> >>  mechanism for users to attach such information.
> >
> >This looks good to me.  I'd probably use "source, timestamp"
> >rather than "author, date", but that's not critical

> >.  Do we
> >want to say something about "individual statements or groups
> >of statements"?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >       Mike
>
> Mike it is not clear to me we had consensus on statements vs. groups
> thereof, and as Frank said on the phone today we can leave ourselves
> some leeway on possibly contentious issues.  Speaking just for
> myself, I like Pat's wording and think it meets the intent of the
> requirement we approved at the f2f.
>   -JH
>
> --
> Professor James Hendler                           hendler@cs.umd.edu
> Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies     301-405-2696
> Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.    301-405-6707 (Fax)
> AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland            College Park, MD 20742
> http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler

Dr. Leo Obrst		The MITRE Corporation
mailto:lobrst@mitre.org Intelligent Information Management/Exploitation
Voice: 703-883-6770	7515 Colshire Drive, M/S W640
Fax: 703-883-1379       McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA