Re: LANG: compliance levels

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:08:02 +0200
To: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>
CC: www-webont-wg@w3.org
I strongly support Mike Dean's remarks on local domain/range constraints
and cardinality. Both are so commonly used in ER and O-O data models
that it would be very weird if OWL would not support that at Level 1.

I should add that "ease/frequency of use" is for me the prime criterion
for putting a language feature in Level 1, and not whether the feature
is difficult to implement in a DL reasoner (not saying this is the
case).

Guus

--
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam, Roetersstraat 15
NL-1018 WB Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 20 525 6793