Re: use cases

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:50:29 -0500
To: ruediger.klein@daimlerchrysler.com, www-webont-wg@w3.org
At 3:49 PM +0100 11/20/01, ruediger.klein@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
>Dear all:
>
>use cases can be one of the corner stones of our efforts.
>In our group at DC we had a discussion about what we can do here.
>In order to make a decision, we would like to know what these use cases should
>look like and how to deal with them:
>
>- size of the ontology
>- domain of the ontology
>- its relation to upper ontologies (if at all?)
>- typical problems to be solved with: semantic integration, intelligent
>information retrieval, knowledge modelling support
>
>- time schedule for the use cases
>
>- are there any tools recommended to be used in formulating and using the
>ontologies?
>
>Regards
>
>Ruediger

more info coming soon, but actually it's exactly these questions I'm
trying to tease out -- for what DC would like to do, what sort of
these things would you like to see?  One example plenty - we're just
trying to get conversation rolling to work towards some real use
cases for exploring exactly these issues -- I'm particularly
interested in the "typical problems" -- what would DC like to see us
able to solve?
  -JH
--
Prof. James Hendler			Director, Semantic Web and
Agent Technology