Re: RDF and datatypes

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:12:43 -0500
To: jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org, bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com
From: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject: RDF and datatypes
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:42:26 -0000

> Hi

> RDF Core WG?

 [...]

Hmm.  Interesting question.  As the WOW-G has only had one telecon, I don't
know how soon the group could get together a consensus opinion (or, perhaps,
several opinions, a la appellate court decisions).  If however, you are
interested in individual opinions, then please so indicate.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research

PS: My opinion as a WOW-G member, for what it is worth, is that S is
fatally flawed because it is not compatible with exising XML usage.  As the
WOW-G is constrained to ``maximum compatibility with XML and RDF language
conventions'' this incompatibility will have one of two effects for us:

1/ it will make this constraint null and void and free us to go our own
   way, or,
2/ it will cause us to spend a lot of time trying to reconcile the
   differences, and we will most likely end up with some broken compromise.