teleconference equipment and behavior

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:55:22 -0500
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
This is a strong plea to all of us to do our bit to make the audio in the
teleconferences cleaner.  Today's teleconference was much more difficult
than it could have been because of the background noise.

I suggest that we each give the W3C Web Ontology Group a mid-winter gift of
one of the following:

1/ a telephone with an easy-to-use mute feature
2/ a headset
3/ a microphone baffle

Those of use who already have and use one or more of the above can instead
give a behavioral or operational gift of one of the following:

1/ sound separation of our telephone from our computer equipment
2/ a clear, non-interrupted sound signal when speaking

Peter F. Patel-Schneider